Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Trevor's New Faves

1. The usual toddler stuff: doing everything himself, from start to finish...which isn't usually a problem, but sometimes (often) I need to get to the toilet FAST and he's still insisting on unbuckling himself, opening the car door himself, climbing out of the car, walking towards the house, etc., etc., which makes me question the wisdom of not having a porto-potty in the driveway. NO, but a with a slightly more sophisticated delivery now...I say we're going to the post office, he says "I want to NOT go to the post office." He was very anxious on a recent trip when I said we were going to go through a tunnel: "I want to NOT go through a tunnel," he kept repeating, until finally we drove through the tunnel and he was relieved "It's not dark in there!"
2. Singing songs and reciting nursery rhymes...he even has a chant that I'm pretty sure he invented; it goes something like "sobber nobber tops!" I am not allowed to recite it; maybe I'm not saying it right? Does anyone know that one? He loves "bah bah black sheep..." and will recite it from start to finish, and today I had to repeat the old woman living in the shoe about 12 times.
3. Asking me a million questions about people we see walking down the street. What's that guy doing? Where him going? Where him live? Where him hat? Him worker guy?

No comments: