Thursday, April 9, 2009

Yummers. Cookies!


The only thing I've eaten today is about a dozen of these yummy cookies I whipped up using a recipe from one of my favorite food blogs, http://tiny-morsels.blogspot.com/. (Note: there are probably thousands of way better food blogs out there, but I have no idea how to find them.) I changed the recipe slightly based on ingredients on hand (I don't stock rice flour and I didn't feel like grinding up any oats), but I have to say that this recipe is a godsend for vegans who are missing their tollhouse chocolate chip cookies...yummy and buttery but without the butter. Trevor liked them, too.




1 cup (256 g) tahini


2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract


1/2 cup (120 ml) pure maple syrup or (168 g) agave nectar


1/4 cup (48 g) raw sugar


Zest of a big (organic, preferably) orange, about 2 heaping teaspoons, or same amount of lemon zest


1/2 cup (40 g) ground oats (I used hazelnut meal)


1/2 cup (80 g) brown rice flour(I used whole wheat)


1/2 teaspoon baking soda


1/2 teaspoon baking powder


1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt


1/2 cup (88 g) nondairy semisweet chocolate chips (I used minis and I don't think they were nondairy.)