Friday, August 21, 2009

Not-so-green Confession



I love bleach. Yeah, that's right. Good Ole sodium hypochlorite. I don't use it often because I must have heard somewhere that it's not good for kids (or adults) to breathe or ingest it. But now and again my towels get stinky and I can't think of anything else to do but break out the strong stuff. Also, around about January when everyone's got the stomach bug, I get paranoid and go around and bleach all the door handles and such...as if one day of compulsive cleaning will protect us from months of domestic neglect. But still, my kitchen towels have a nice clean bleachy smell right now and none of us barfed in January.
Don't tell me about the eco friendly alternative that works for you...because I have tea tree oil and I have oxiclean (like them both) but sometimes the only thing to do is pull out the big guns.

1 comment:

Tonya said...

I love a good confession! :)