Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Sharing a room...

We had planned on the kids eventually sharing a bedroom, which seems like a good idea for many reasons. I've heard they sleep better together (not as lonely) and it is nice to free up another room for guests or as a playroom or office. But it so happens we are doing it a lot sooner than is ideal. Here's a brief recap:
Night One: Went very well, once both babies were asleep. Getting them asleep was rough.
Night Two: Both were up way too late, one wouldn't let the other settle in. Noel slept fitfully, waking up several times, crying for a length of time, insisting on being carried around and nursed like a newborn, but this did not rouse Trevor at all. I don't understand how he could sleep through the racket, but sleep he did. I don't think she was having trouble because it's a new room (same crib, etc.); I suspect teeth coming in or some other irritation. That was a terrible night's sleep for all of us except Trevor.
Night Three (tonight): It is 8:30 and all's quiet. There was a small fuss when Trevor noisily crashed in. Having had no nap, he was not as rowdy as usual.

1 comment:

Kara said...

For the most part, I really do love having my kids share a room. I think they would be upset if I moved them by themselves at this point!