Thursday, August 23, 2007

Portland

Trevor and I spent last week up in Portland while Todd participated in the International Fire Blight meeting. It was at the posh Embassy Suites downtown. Very nice hotel. There are so many great stores downtown to spend money in! Luckily, I had Trevor with me the whole time, so I figure I saved about $500. That's just enough to buy an i-phone, hmmmm.
I'm pretty sure I've been brainwashed. I watched some tv in the hotel room, and must've seen commercials for it, because the hypnotic little song keeps popping up in my head, accompanied always by a feeling of...euphoria? I can't remember anything else about the commercial, except that if I have one of those things, I will be so happy and ultra-cool until the someone drops it in the toilet.
Yes, Trevor does not like to shop, at least not in a socially and commercially acceptable manner. So we found other things to do. Our favorite by far was discovering the best fountain ever. I thought the Corvallis fountain was so cool, but now I've been spoiled. This one was in an actual square (as far as I know, Corvallis has only triangles) and the water cascaded over a long bank of big rock steps into a wading pool. Awesome!

No comments: