Thursday, August 9, 2007

Mandatory Summer Wedding Post

Todd's brother Scott and his soul mate, Sally, officially tied the knot yesterday, and we were there to witness it. The simple, heartfelt ceremony was held at South Mountain State Park in North Carolina, amongst the trees. Then on to the reception, at a very good restaurant that one would not expect to find in Shelby, N.C., the livermush capital of the world. The food was good, the company was great, and the cake was delicious.
It was like 106 degrees there and humid. I had to drink iced tea constantly and when I went for a one mile stroll at 7 a.m., I thought I was going to pass out. I would have been hurting even if it was just the regular summer heat, but this was the worst heat wave. Even the locals were warm.
Happy summer, Oregonians! Enjoy our perfect weather! I am.

1 comment:

Kara said...

Juliette,
Are you back yet?? I have been a slacker at getting together for group stuff, but I should be able to make one this week. I hope you had or are having fun on your trip.