Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Here's a recipe, Tonya

Too much zucchini, of course! And you're sick of zucchini bread. Here's an approximate recipe for zucchini pancakes:
2-3 medium zucchini, shredded and liquid slightly squeezed out
2-3 eggs or more
about 1/2 cup flour
minced green onions or scallions
fresh basil and/or mint (really good with both!)
OR any herbs you have around, like rosemary & thyme
chunk (about 1/2 lb.) feta cheese, crumbled
dash tabasco, or Frank's, or Crystal
Salt & Pepper to taste

Stir everything together then fry in oil. Serve with a big cucumber salad (since you have too many of those too) or some sliced fresh tomatoes drizzled with olive oil and salt, or maybe some stewed pears or applesauce. Also a dollop of sour cream or plain yogurt. They are addictive.

3 comments:

Tonya said...

Yum, Juliette! Thanks for the recipe. I think I'm going to try it tonight. You are a true cook and I am in awe of you :)

Kara said...

Let me know if you need to be relieved of any of your zucchini or cucumbers my dear.. I wouldn't want you to start feeling too overwhelmed by them all :O)

Tonya said...

Hi there! Just wanted to let you know that I made the zucchini pancakes. They were great. I loved having them with feta mixed in. Thanks for the recipe!