Wednesday, January 30, 2008

"Help, Please"

"Help please," all day long. Meaning, help me get this toxic cleaning product off the top shelf, help me pull the spice rack off the wall and dump all the spices out, help me open this book to a page that doesn't exist (you know, between the cover and page 1.) In case you think I'm complaining too much, I must add that I'm thankful that he at least says please.
I have had this great plan for a couple weeks now to go feed the ducks at Starker Arts park, even saved some old scones I made, but finally threw them out in the front yard, hoping to attract birds we could then watch through the window (none came yet.) Yes, the ducks I have abandoned to the rain and snow and wind and ice. Yesterday we had so much weather! It did all of those things, plus slushed and sleeted and spitted. Today was much better but I had vowed to stay home all day lounging around. I stayed home, but the only lounging was accomplished by the feline element. I did laundry and some other menial domestic tasks, but most of all, I picked stuff up off the floor. You know what? There's stuff all over the floor! And the cats are still lounging. They are unwaveringly unhelpful.

1 comment:

Kara said...

It's comforting to hear that someone else has had a funky toddler day. I swear that I am in a seasonal funk. Something about being cooped up is just making me go bonkers. When the weather is nice, I am planning on living outside!