Monday, December 3, 2007

Rainy Day Blogging

Ahhh, I love naptime. I really should be cleaning the floor or at least working on some knitting, but I'm going to do this first. It is a very rainy day, the kind when I don't even want to go outside. I'm soliciting you readers (c'mon, even if you're anonymous readers who don't ever comment) for toddler-friendly activity ideas for rainy days BESIDES shopping and spending money. Todd cleaned out the garage (or at least shoved everything to one side) and we now call it our private indoor play park. That's the latest fun activity. There's also the bathroom sink, at which Trevor will stand on a chair and play for an hour, getting himself and everything else soaking wet. What else, guys? We've got a few more months of days like these.
Well, I'm off to my cleaning/knitting. I'm waiting for your ideas and if you don't post them, I'll keep harassing you.

4 comments:

Tonya said...

I've been going a little bonkers with all of this rain and I did resort to walking around the mall today just to get out. As for activities inside, we like to take all of the cushions and pillows off the couch and crawl over them, under them, and through them. I also like to put paper all over the coffee table and let Will draw with the crayons. Another thing I like to do is go to Sunnyside up where the kids can play and I can have a hot drink. I still end up chasing Will all over the place most of the time, but at least it gets us out of the house. I'll be checking your comments to see if anyone else has some good ideas.

Kara said...

Story time at the library (the quality varies drastically depending on who does it, but Sofia always enjoys it), Sunnyside up, new morning bakery (they both have play areas), and if the weather isn't dreadful but still cold, I try forcing myself to get outside (that is the longest run on sentence ever). We seriously need to all go up to OMSI on one of these rainy days.. they have such a fun area for kids.. or we could head over to the aquarium. Those seem like such big trips, but they really aren't that far away. Pretty much what I am saying Juliette.. is hang out with me if you are looking for something to do :)

Heather said...

Toy Stores! You don't have to buy anything but there's tons of stuff to do! (Although, they'd probably get irritated if you did it too often) We also tape huge pieces of craft paper to the floor and let Sylvie attack it with crayons. (It makes good decorated wrapping paper). We went to Storybook Land at the fairgrounds in Albany today. It's free and Sylvie loved it. Still, it's so easy to get bored... it sure will be nice to just go to the park again.

juliette said...

Thanks, ladies. We're trying them all. The only problem with the toy store is that Trevor never wants to leave! Sounds like we,ll have to rendezvous at sunnyside up soon!