Monday, November 26, 2007

Thanksgiving, etc.

I realized that Thanksgiving day came and went without commentary on my part. Did you all have a good one? I for one have been eating apple pie with ice cream every day and my clothes feel tight. Oh well, we're out of pie.
We had a huge feast of deep-fried turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, stuffing, white rolls, green beans, squash, beets au gratin, salad, cranberry relish, apple pie, chocolate torte and some yummy wine and jubelale. Warren, Carolyn, Carson, Maria and Tom were our guests, and we also had a short postprandial visit with some friends who moved away. Later on, we played Apples to Apples, a fun board game, and then Todd went to sleep while putting Trevor to bed, and could not be easily roused.
The next day, yes I know it's supposed to be buy-nothing day, but Maria and I have a tradition of finding really cool stuff at thrift stores, and so we did in the Cat's Meow and OSU folk club. And that is all you need to know, right?

No comments: