Monday, November 12, 2007

I'm thankful, too

I am stealing Kara's idea and coming up with some things to be thankful for (which you're supposed to think about in the morning before getting up, I hear, so I'll have no shortage since I've been unable to sleep between 4 and 5 a.m. this week.) Oh well, it doesn't hurt to be grateful for an hour.
I am thankful for the fun of watching a person grow, and in particular, the development of language, one of my favorite areas (although you probably wouldn't guess it from reading this, the world's worst sentence.) Yesterday, Trevor was playing with a xylophone and I said to him, "Where's your stick? Go find that stick that you hit this with." Very determined, he ran into the other room, and came back out, started hitting the xylophone with a sticker!
I am eternally and overwhelmingly thankful for naptime. I know it's been said, but maybe if I say it again, it will continue for at least two more years.
And last but not least for today, I am thankful for a roof, because it is really dirty weather out there right now.

2 comments:

Kara said...

Hey.. gratitude is contagious eh?? I love that sticker story.. that sweet Trevor. He can't do any wrong in my eyes. Hey, by the way, I am thankful for your yummy soup. That was so nice of you.. I really appreciate you Juliette!

Tonya said...

You are such a good mom, Juliette! I love seeing you with Trevor.