Thursday, June 19, 2008

It's summer, sort of.

We have had a busy week with Uncle Raymond visiting. Monday he went with Todd and some of his buds to climb Mt. Hood...pictures of that to come when I'm not as pressed for time. And of our beautiful new front door, installed by the mountaineers Raymond and Todd. We went to a Corvallis Knights baseball game tonight and Trevor only just went to bed, after 10. It was a fun time, inexpensive family entertainment, and there's even beer. Trevor was obsessed with the mascot, Mac the Knight, pretty freaked out at first but once he realized "him happy" warmed up a little to him. Still, he wanted to know exactly where he was at all times. I'm not sure if he even realized there was actually a ball game going on.
Tomorrow we head off on a big adventure first to briefly visit Scott, Emily and Miles in Logan, Utah, then on to Jackson, Wy., where Todd will be presenting a talk at a plant pathology meeting and Trevor and I will be enjoying the beautiful scenery and wandering around the town. I have not packed a thing, but I think I'll just wait until the last minute and throw some stuff in the car and start driving down the road.

1 comment:

Tonya said...

The Mac the Knight thing cracks me up. A kid should be wary of those guys, don't you think? Happy travels to you and the family. I like your version of packing :) Hope to see you soon!