Tuesday, July 1, 2008

We had a fun and sun-filled trip to Jackson Hole, stopping along the way to visit friends Scott, Emily and the one-year old Miles in Logan, Utah. We did some camping, some swimming, a little bit of sightseeing, a lot of driving, and almost killed Trevor in the Wallowas by cooking in triple digits. Driving through Idaho on 84, we hit a huge dust storm with sustained winds of 25 mph and 65 mph gusts. A tailwind like that really helps the gas mileage.



Our first stop was to visit the Holtmillers in Logan in their beautiful house. I have never seen such an agreeable, mellow baby. I can't figure out where those traits came from, because neither parent exhibits them to any degree (tee-hee!) Logan is very nice but you can't buy beer on Sunday. They happen to have the best, hugest aquatic center I've ever seen (okay, so I've only seen three) with an amazing panoramic view of the Wasatch mountains (I think.) On the way northeast to Jax, we stopped at the northernmost tip of Bear Lake and played on the beach for hours. The picture to the left is not Bear Lake, but a scene from much later in the trip, and I can't remember the name of that particular reservoir right now, but it was very pleasant as well.
Jackson, while Todd was cooped up in meetings (when he wasn't running up Snowking mountain), Trevor and I strolled around taking in the touristy sights. Trevor especially enjoyed the bison ("Him have wheels. Him big.") and the various bear sculptures about town. We also caught part of a rodeo. Our other fun pastime was swimming in the motel pool.
As for the long drive back, I have to say "thank you Elmo."

2 comments:

Heather said...

Sounds like a great trip! Glad you all survived.

Kara said...

Those dang Mormons and no beer :). I am glad you had fun. We went to Bear lake growing up a few times, and I have very fond memories. I just got home from Colorado/Utah today. Maybe we passed each other on the freeway? I was that weird lady bending over nursing her baby in the carseat :). We missed you tonight Juliette!! We need to get together!