Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Early July Update

We had a fun 4th. First, we spent the morning pruning, shovelling, weeding and filling our yard debris bin. Then our friend Sara came over and made us a delicious salad for lunch. Later, we headed to Betsy & Mark's house for a barbecue. Trevor lived the dream, swimming naked in the (kiddie) pool with four scantily clad ladies. Two hours after Trevor's official bedtime, we went and watched the fireworks from the OSU botany farm. They lasted all of 10 minutes. Trevor enjoyed the first few that the kids were setting off before the official show started, but he would not budge from my lap and after the first shrieking loud one, he announced "I all done." He also said "I want to sit in the car," but I pretty much ignored his discomfort and forced him to stay. He didn't seem too traumatized. I don't know what people mean by overtired, because if you just push it three hours past bedtime, it does the trick. It took him about 3 seconds to go to sleep...maybe I'll start keeping him up til 11 every night!
Just in time for the summer heat, I finally got our clothesline hung up in the backyard, and I love it! I love hanging the clothes out, I love that I'm not running the dryer, I love the stiff feeling they get, and the fresh outdoor smell.
Our yard and our house are being overtaken by box elder beatles. I heard that the only solution is to move.

No comments: