Thursday, July 10, 2008

New obsessions



Have you noticed that overweight people are always drinking Diet Coke or not eating any carbs between binges? In the same manner, I am always dropping loads of junk off at the thrift store only to fill the empty space with more junk from another thrift store, always trying to reduce the clutter, but somehow attracting more clutter. Why is it that when you see a house with the American flag hanging in the window as a curtain, there is always a pile of old tables, empty pots and plastic toys on the front stoop? Am I junky? Should I go ahead and hang that flag, or should I clean off the porch? Why do I have a vintage red phone--yes, a rotary phone--whose ringer doesn't work? Why am I so attached to certain kitchen utensils (gadgets) that I use once a year? These questions led me to add this new link to my favorites: http://unclutterer.com/
That's one obsession. Another one I have already mentioned: that is my clothesline. I can't do anything this afternoon until I go to Bimart and get MORE clothesline and MORE clothespins!

2 comments:

Heather said...

Beautiful picture. Thanks for the website tip!

Tonya said...

Great post! I like the website. I have been trying and trying to declutter my house.