Tuesday, July 22, 2008

I just spent the week with some kooky people. They seem normal enough, they look like regular joes (most of them anyway), and you wouldn't guess it from looking at them, but these folks have a very strange habit of running one hundred miles. In a row, like in one day...actually, a day and a night.
Sometimes, when I have to be at work for more than six hours, I have this weird feeling...I'm still here. Life goes on, and I'm still doing this thing that I've been doing for hours. I love sleeping for stretches of ten or more hours, but that's the only thing I want to do for such a long period.
What blows my mind is...I'm sitting here on the couch counting the minutes until bedtime while my hubby, who ran 100 miles with a 15,000' elevation gain over the weekend, is fiddling around in the kitchen, making homemade ravioli! What blows my mind is...he's walking around like a normal person, he isn't limping or moaning or complaining. His biggest complaint (well, besides the unmentionable chafing that one is likely to experience) is that his lips are chapped.
Here are some pictures for you to look at from our trip to Tahoe...more on that later, if I get the chance...
http://picasaweb.google.com/tntpics1/2008_0721Tahoe

1 comment:

Mike Rosling said...

Sounds like a cool bunch of guys to me...way to go Todd!